Designed by Kate Atherley, the Warm and Easy Hat is an ideal project for beginners to practice their knit stitches and work in the round. Three super helpful Warm and Easy Hat Knitting Classes with Kate Atherley are freely available here.
1-2 balls of &Make Aran (50% Highland wool, 50% alpaca, 150 m (164 yd) per 100 g ball. This pattern is available as a kit that includes &Make Aran yarn, PDF pattern and free &Make Project Bag from The Fibre Co.
&Make is a range of yarn for stitchers at every stage of their crafting journey, made with 100% natural, sustainable fibres from renewable sources in a stunning full palette of cheerful brights and nuanced shades created by overdyeing a range of naturally light and dark coloured fibres.
The Warm and Easy Hat is worked in the round, from the cuff up to the crown.
SIZES AND MEASUREMENTS:
Sizes 1 (2, 3, 4, 5, 6) with finished measurements:
Circumference: 36 (40, 47, 51, 56, 60) cm / 14 (16, 18.5, 20.5, 22, 24) inches
Height: 15 (18, 20, 22, 23, 25) cm / 6 (7, 8, 8.5, 9, 10) inches
NEEDLES AND NOTIONS REQUIRED:
- 4mm (US 6) circular needles in a length that is smaller than the finished circumference of your hat
- 5mm (US 8) circular needles in a length that is smaller than the finished circumference of your hat
- 5mm (US 8) circular needles or double-pointed needles for working a small circumference in the round
- 1 stitch marker to remind you where the round begins, and 1 removable stitch marker
- A darning needle to weave in ends
Note: you may want to use bigger/smaller needles depending on your swatch gauge, as described in the Gauge section.
This knitting pattern comes as a PDF file, which is downloadable after purchase.