Designed by Kate Atherley, the Warm and Easy Hat is an ideal project for beginners to practice their knit stitches and working in the round.
1-2 balls of &Make Aran (50% Highland wool, 50% alpaca, 150 m (164 yd) per 100 g ball. This pattern is available as a kit that includes &Make Aran yarn, PDF pattern and free Project Bag from The Fibre Co.
&Make is a range of yarn for stitchers at every stage of their crafting journey, made with 100% natural, sustainable fibres from renewable sources in a stunning full palette of cheerful brights and nuanced shades created by overdyeing a range of naturally light and dark coloured fibres.
The Warm and Easy Hat is worked in the round, from the cuff up to the crown.
The hat comes in 6 sizes, to fit babies and large adults. With 6 sizes this hat is worn with 0-5 cm (0-2 in) of negative ease.
Sizes 1 (2, 3, 4, 5, 6) with finished measurements:
Circumference: 36 (40, 47, 51, 56, 60) cm / 14 (16, 18.5, 20.5, 22, 24) inches
Height: 15 (18, 20, 22, 23, 25) cm / 6 (7, 8, 8.5, 9, 10) inches
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- 4mm (US 6) circular needles in a length that is smaller than the finished circumference of your hat.
- 5mm (US 8) circular needles in a length that is smaller than the finished circumference of your hat.
- 5mm (US 8) circular needles or double-pointed needles for working a small circumference in the round.
- 1 stitch marker to remind you where the round begins, and 1 removable stitch marker.
- A darning needle to weave in ends.
Note: you may want to use bigger/smaller needles depending on your swatch gauge, as described in the Gauge section.
This knitting pattern comes as a PDF file, which is downloadable after purchase.