Designed by Kjerstin Rovetta, the Moon Phase Socks are inspired by that ever-changing goddess of the night, the Moon! The Moon Phase Socks are knit in two colors from the toe up with a generous gusset and short row heel. The intuitive moon phase motif merges elegantly with a simple dotted stripe on the sole. The pattern is fully charted in three sizes with additional written instructions for the gusset and heel turn.
Designer: Kjerstin Rovetta
- PDF of Moon Phase Socks knitting pattern
- 1 hank each of MC and CC of The Fibre Co. Amble
- Project Bag from The Fibre Co.
The Fibre Co. Amble (70% Easy-wash Merino wool, 20a% Easy-wash alpaca, 10% recycled nylon, 325 m (355 yd) per 100 g hank) in shades Blackbeck (MC) and Chalk Cliffs – 2 hanks.
The photos show the socks in the shades Blackbeck (MC) and Chalk Cliffs (CC). Choose from any two shades of Amble as shown above.
Sizes and measurements:
1, (2, 3)
Foot Circumference: 17.75 – 19 (20.25 – 21.5: 22.75 – 24.25]cm (7 – 7.5 [8 – 8.5: 9 – 9.5] in)
Foot and leg length are adjustable.
Needles and notions required:
- 2.25mm (US 1) circular needle of any length for cast-on, toes and cuffs
- 2.75mm (US 2) DPNs or circular needle(s) for your preferred way to knit small circumference in the round
- 3 stitch markers, one removable
- Darning needle