Easy cables flow from the simple ribbed brim, running the length of the hat and neatly into the crown. Instructions are included for working in the round and to knit flat and then seam. The cables are charted and full written instructions are also provided. Wear with a little slouch or the brim folded up for a snugger, cosier fit. Pompom optional!
- PDF of Cable & Rib Hat knitting pattern
- 2 hanks of The Fibre Co. Road to China Light yarn
- Project Bag from The Fibre Co.
The Fibre Co. Road to China Light (65% baby alpaca, 15% silk, 10% camel, 10% cashmere, 145 m (159 yd) per 50 g hank) in Grey Pearl with the pompom in Red Jasper– 2 hanks.
The photos show the hat in the shade Grey Pearl with the pompom in Red Jasper. Choose from any shade of Road to China Light as shown above.
Sizes and measurements:
Circumference (when slightly stretched): 50 cm (19.75 in)
Length (not including 4 cm (1.75 in) turnback): 19 cm (7.5 in)
Needles and notions required:
For version worked in the round:
- 3.75mm (US 5) 40 cm (16 in) circular needle (or size to obtain gauge)
- 1 set of five 3.25mm (US 3) double-pointed needles or your preferred small circumference knitting needles
For version worked flat:
- 1 pair 3.25mm (US 3) needles
- Cable needle
- Darning needle