A perfect set of three! Knit a beanie, a pair of mitts, a cowl or all three! The Sagittarius Set by Anna Daku brings warmth to this winter season, and makes a beautiful gift set! Knit in our pleasingly plump Tundra yarn, these accessories work up quickly. They feature a pretty twisted stitch pattern which looks intricate, but is remarkably easy to work.
This fitted beanie is worked bottom up seamlessly in the round, featuring a twisted traveling rib brim with a stockinette crown. The cowl is worked bottom up, seamlessly in the round, featuring the same twisted traveling rib. It is designed to be folded in half and worn double layered. The mitten is worked bottom up seamlessly in the round and features the same twisted traveling rib cuff with a stockinette hand.
The Sagittarius Set is the eleventh pattern from The Almanac Series II, a seasonal guide to knitting with The Fibre Co. yarns.
The deepest days of winter are celebrated in our Yarn of the Month for December, Tundra. This yarn is a shining blend of fine Merino wool, baby alpaca and silk, perfect for making luxurious accessories (‘tis the season!) or even the warmest substantial sweaters.
- PDF of Sagittarius Set knitting pattern
- 3 hanks of The Fibre Co. Tundra
- Free Project Bag from The Fibre Co.
The Fibre Co. Tundra (60% baby alpaca, 30% Merino wool, 10% silk, 109 m (120 yd) per 100 g hank) in Amber Burn – 1 hank. Approx. yardage used 65 [84: 106] m / 71 [93: 117] yd.
The photos show the set in the shade Amber Burn. Choose from any shade of Tundra as shown above.
Sizes and measurements:
Hat: S [M: L]
To fit head circumference: 46-51 [51-56: 56-61] cm (18-20 [20-22: 22-24] in)
Circumference: 33 [38: 42.5] cm (13.25 [15: 17] in)
Height: 20.5 [23.5: 26.5] cm (8.25 [9.5: 10.5] in)
Cowl: One size
Circumference: 42.5 cm (17 in)
Depth: 30.5 cm (12 in)
Mittens: One size
Circumference (at wrist): 14 cm (5.75 in)
Circumference (at hand): 18 cm (7.25 in)
Length: 26.5 cm (10.5 in)
Needles and notions required:
- 5mm (US 8) 40 cm (16 in) circular needle or double-pointed needles for working in the round
- 5.5mm (US 9) 40 cm (16 in) circular needle or double-pointed needles for working in the round
- 5.5mm (US 9) 100 cm (40 in) circular needle or double-pointed needles for working magic loop over a small circumference in the round
- 6mm (US 10) 100 cm (40 in) circular needle or double-pointed needles for working magic loop over a very small circumference in the round (or size to obtain gauge)
- 8 Stitch markers
- Stitch holders or waste yarn
- Darning needle
- Half Stretchy Cast-Off
- Backwards Loop Cast-On Method
This is an advanced beginner pattern. For more specs, please go to the Sagittarius Set pattern page.