About Savasana SweaterThe Savasana Sweater is a follow on design from Winter's Weather Knits' Savasana Cardigan. Designer Joey created the cardigan at a time when she was working from home and adopted poor posture habits that gave her back and neck problems. A daily yoga practice that ended in 'Savasana' (corpse pose) allowed Joey to disconnect and let the stress of the work day drift away. The cable motif represents the knots in her neck while the simple stockinette ...
About Savasana Sweater
The Savasana Sweater is a follow on design from Winter’s Weather Knits‘ Savasana Cardigan. Designer Joey created the cardigan at a time when she was working from home and adopted poor posture habits that gave her back and neck problems. A daily yoga practice that ended in ‘Savasana’ (corpse pose) allowed Joey to disconnect and let the stress of the work day drift away. The cable motif represents the knots in her neck while the simple stockinette stitch is the relaxation she sought to achieve in Savasana pose. The Savasana Cardigan was such an elegant addition to Joey’s wardrobe that she had to make a pullover version. The Savasana Sweater has extra ease and drape with even more cosy vibes, while still featuring that lovely ‘knotted’ cable detail on the front and back.
The Savasana Sweater is knit from the top down, so you can try it on as you go, and the finished length is easily modified for your perfect fit. Stitches are cast on for the collar and knit in the round. The yoke is then continued in the round until the appropriate chest and sleeve circumferences are achieved. The sleeves are then separated from the body and both are knit in the round with decreases to created a tapered fit.
- PDF version of Savasana Sweater knitting pattern by Joey of Winter’s Weather Knits
- 4 [5: 5: 6: 7: 7: 7: 8: 8] hanks of The Fibre Co. Amble (70% Easy-wash Merino wool, 20% Easy-wash alpaca, 10% recycled nylon, 325 m (355 yd) per 100 g hank
- Free Project Bag from The Fibre Co.
The photos show the sweater in the shade Appleby Castle. Choose from any shade of Amble as shown above.
XS [S: M: L: XL: 2XL: 3XL: 4XL: 5XL]
Select your size based on your chest circumference plus the recommended ease stated below.
Garment chest circumference (at underarm): 101.5 [111: 122: 132: 142: 152.5: 162.5: 172: 183] cm (40 [44: 48: 52: 56: 60: 64: 68: 72] in)
Designed with 30.5 – 35.5 cm (12 – 14 in) of positive ease at chest circumference.
You will also need:
- 3.75mm (US 5) circular needles in a length to accommodate chest circumference plus raglan sleeves and hem circumference (or size to obtain gauge)
- 3.75mm (US 5) short circular needles or double-pointed needles for working a small circumference in the round for collar and sleeves (or size to obtain gauge)
- Stitch markers
- Stitch holders or waste yarn
- Cable needle
- Darning needlee