- PDF of ...
This is a simply elegant, truly classic design with a modern twist, unusual construction, and a fun surprise at the end! There’s a variety of stitch patterns to keep it interesting: Easy texture, simple lace, no brioche, no stranded or mosaic colorwork.
Designer: Kay Hopkins
Published in: Knit for the Soul
More from Kay Hopkins: Tryon Creek Hat, Forbidden Cliffs Sweater (Amble), Forbidden Cliffs Sweater (Cumbria Fingering), Multnomah Falls Hat, Forbidden Cliffs Tee
- PDF of Winter Wonderland knitting pattern
- 100 g of FMC1 of The Fibre Co. Amble (70% Easy-wash Merino wool, 20% Easy-wash alpaca, 10% recycled nylon, 325 m (355 yd) per 100 g hank)
- 100 g of FMC2 of The Fibre Co. Amble
- 125 g of FMC3 of The Fibre Co. Amble (one 100 g hank and one 25 g mini hank)
- 125 g of CC of The Fibre Co. Amble (one 100 g hank and one 25 g mini hank)
- Free Project Bag from The Fibre Co.
Note on yarn quantity: The yarn quantity in the kit is sufficient to meet the required yarn amounts of the pattern. The required yarn from the pattern and the meterage/yardage of Amble are listed below.
Required yarn: 219 m (240 yd) FMC1 | Amble: one 100 g has 325 m (355 yd) per 100 g hank)
Required yarn: 304 m (332 yd) FMC2 | Amble: one 100 g has 325 m (355 yd) per 100 g hank)
Required yarn: 365 m (400 yd) FMC3 | Amble: one 100 g plus one 25 g has 406 m (325 + 81 m) (443 = 355 + 88 yd)
Required yarn: 365 m (400 yd) CC | Amble: one 100 g plus one 25 g has 406 m (325 + 81 m) (443 = 355 + 88 yd)
Sample shown is knit using Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply.
The pattern calls for four colours – three monochromatic gradients (FMC1, FMC2, FMC3) of colour with a fourth colour (CC) that works in contrast to all of the three main colours. Choose from any of the colour combinations as shown above.
Please note: If you prefer a different colour combination, please select ‘Choose Your Own’ and add your colour combination to the ‘Order Notes’ section during checkout.
183 cm (72 in) in length and 51 cm (20 in) in width
You will also need:
- 3.5mm (US 4) 70 – 80 cm (29 – 32 in) circular needle or (or size to obtain gauge)
- 3.25mm (US 3) 70 – 80 cm (29 – 32 in) circular needle or (or size to obtain gauge)
- Stitch markers
- Stitch holders or waste yarn
- Darning needle
This is an intermediate pattern.